Monday, November 10, 2008

Well our morale is back down again. What a way to wake up...alarm
goes off, sit up, immediately spot a bed bug crawling across your
pillow. Well, lets just say I fairly leaped out of bed this morning.
Husband got rid of it. Then we found another bug crawling on the sheets
of my side of the bed. I felt itchy for a few hours after waking up
like that. And it got rid of my appetite which had been starting to
return to normal after having a zero bug sighting day. I'm not so
much nauseated at the bugs in as much as it just stresses my body out
and that in turn destroys any desire I have to eat.

Work is my haven. I am happy to be distracted from it while at work,
and to be busy so I don't have time to dwell on it or think about it.
My co-workers are starting to ask me what is wrong and why I look like
I am so tired and down all the time lately. There's no way I can say
anything, other than, "I have a few issues at home I am dealing with
right now, I can't talk about it" because the truth would turn into
gossip that would spread like wildfire. A few of our close friends
know but it makes me feel uneasy that some of them know. Some people
I know don't judge us and aren't put off at all by this whole bug
issue, but have this fear that some people would think its disgusting
and we must have a dirty, disgusting apartment. Of course nobody has
said anything, and our friends are awesome people, but its just a
stigma that goes with it, sort of like head lice. Its just not
something you necessarily care for certain people to know.

Husband called the pest people this morning to tell them of all the recent
bug activity. They said that its not protocol to come on Wednesdays
but they will come out wed. and pull up the edges of our carpet and
treat underneath of it, all around the perimeter of the room, as well
as do the adjacent room, the spare bedroom. I hope it works. In the
meantime I really want to find a new bed frame because despite ours
getting soaked in pesticides and vacuumed/sprayed with lysol, there are
still bugs coming out of the woodwork. We can isolate the bed but
we'll still get bit if the source is our bed frame.

No comments: